NOTICE PURSUANT TO SECTION 7 OF THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
Collection of Personal Data
This Personal Data Notice is issued to all our existing and prospective shareholders, investors, purchasers, tenants, users and other data subjects pursuant to the coming into force of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 on 15th November 2013.
In the course of your dealings with us, we have collected and/or will be collecting and processing your personal information (“Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into commercial transactions and/or for us to keep you updated of our projects, products, and services.
We treat and view the maintenance and processing of your Personal Data with utmost importance.
The Personal Data will include information such as your name, date of birth, identity card number, passport number, address, gender, race, nationality, marital status, employer, income range, type of loans applied for in relation to the purchaser of property, email contact information and such other relevant information to enable us to provide you our services and products.
Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
The Personal Data has been and/or will be collected and processed by us for the following purposes:
- the delivery of company reports, newsletters and other investor relations information to you;
- pamphlets, brochures, flyers, mails, leaflets and other advertising and promotional materials regarding our projects, products and/or services to you, which delivery may be via email, mail, fax, or hand delivery to you;
- to alert and recommend properties to you (if any);
- the maintenance and upkeep of shareholder’s, investor’s, tenant’s, customer’s and purchaser’s records
- marketing and client/tenant profiling activities regarding our latest projects, products and/or services;
- execution of necessary agreement and/or contract for our projects, products and/or services with you;
- credit assessment, financial and background check as and when deemed necessary;
- security and fraud prevention;
- statistical analysis;
- our branding, communications and corporate affairs, which include publication in our printed materials, website and/or other electronic media;
- to be used for internal record keeping and our corporate governance;
- ensuring compliance with and to make disclosure under any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by laws, guidelines and/or codes applicable to us;
- any subsequent commercial transactions in relation to our projects, products and/or services; and
- vacant possession, hand over of keys, property/estate management, customer care and/or defect rectification works;
- any other purposes related to our business.
Rights of Access and Correction
- You may at any time after the submission of the Personal Data to us, submit your request for access to your personal data with us if:
- you require access to make corrections to your Personal Data in our records in the event the information is inaccurate, misleading, out-of-date or incomplete;
- you require access to verify your Personal Data in our records;
- you request that your Personal Data shall only be kept for the fulfilment of the purpose of the collection of such information.
- You may make all such request to access through:
- Attention: UOA Care – Head of Department
Company: UOA Development Bhd
Department : UOA Care
UOA Corporate Tower
Lobby A, Avenue 10, The Vertical
Bangsar South City
No. 8, Jalan Kerinchi
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Telephone No. : 1300 88 6668 (Malaysia) or +603 2245 9192 (International)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : +603 2245 9198
- Any personal data retained by us shall be destroyed and/or deleted from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event such data is no longer required for the purposes set out in Section 3.1 above.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we and our directors, management, employees, authorised officers or agents will not be responsible for any personal data submitted by you to us that is inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or not updated, or entered into our system incorrectly due to human error.
Disclosure of Personal Data
The Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential but you agree, consent and authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to the following classes of parties:
- any persons, government agencies, statutory authorities and/or industry regulators whom we are compelled or required to do so pursuant to any law;
- any associated, related and/or subsidiaries companies of UOA Development Bhd, including those incorporated in the future;
- our business partners and affiliates;
- our auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants and/or advisors;
- our third party service providers, third party management companies, sub-contractors or other parties as may be deemed necessary by us to facilitate your dealings with us.
Consequences of Refusal/Failure to Provide Personal Data
- The failure to provide the Personal Data and/or refusal or restriction on any usage may result in:
- the inability of parties to formalise any contract and/or agreement; and/or
- the inability for us to provide you with updates on our business, projects, products and/or services; and/or
- the inability to complete commercial transactions in relation to our projects, products and/or services; and/or
- the inability to comply with any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by laws, guidelines and/or codes applicable to us.
Your Personal Data will be kept and processed in a secured manner. The appropriate administrative and security safeguards, policies and procedures will be implemented, as far as practicable, in accordance to the applicable laws and regulations. We will, as far as practicable, aim to prevent the unauthorised and/or unlawful processing of, and the accidental loss, destruction or damage to your Personal Data.
In accordance to Section 7(3) Personal Data Protection Act 2010, this Notice is issued in both the national and English languages. In the event of any inconsistency, the English language version of this Notice shall prevail.